Sunday, June 07, 2009

Out from 9+ am to 10pm, I'm dead beat.


Today was a nice saturday out with my mom to SAM (singapore Art Museum) and National Museum of Singapore. We spent like, 4+ hours or more at the museums but I caught some really awesome stuff.


You guys should REALLY look at the Vernier Panton exhibits, the Phantasy Landscape was just....wow. Breathtakingly wow. I climbed onto one of the colourful curves (half orange, half red) and slept there. 10 minutes.

Christian Lacroix the costumier exhibition was fabulous, too. I admire the way he does those sketches, the lines so smooth and all. Its amazing how these fashion designers can show the material of the fabric, the movements and layers so well just by those few lines.


At SAM, there was this Wu Guan zhong donation collection which I didn't like. (Maybe i'll come to like them one day, but not today) My mom got quite mad at me cause I refused to to walk around the gallery (I've already looked through all of them already and my legs were tired).

so I sat down on the seats and took pictures of shadows cast by the window stickers. The security guard scolded me just when I was about to take this really nice shot. Freak ):



The "Earth and water: Mapping art in SE asia" was awesome, though. I LOVE the photography by wu peng seng (more of prints) , they were all so perfect composition wise. It was then that I discovered that my wonderful camera didn't have the B/W funtion. aww.

I really want a dslr, and I want to go to some place special and take loads of pretty pictures.




After the museum visits (gosh, we left out 8Q musuem. google that!), WE WENT SHOPPING AT RAFFLES CITY!!!

Got myself two esprit tops (nothing fancy D:) and couldn't find anything else I liked. Dinner at the hk cafe next to shokudo was great. French toast never tasted that heavenly. Both of us got this drink called dracula, it was cool.

More shopping afterwards, and I bought some little itsy bitsy stuff like pens and markers and all those.





The man who gave up his seat for me on the mrt made my day =D

All in all, it was a fun BUT tiring day, I LOVE MUSEUMS SO MUCH! Anybody wants to go with me, there'll be more awesome exhibitions coming next week (or the next next)! =D





PICTURES COMIN' UP SOON! ^_^

(dammit my heels hurt SO much. OH, and I might be singing on stage on my birthday YES!!!)

No comments: